RULES & REGULATIONS
- Every student must carry his/her school dairy to school on every working day.
- Cycles must always be locked. Use of scooters/motorcycle is strictly prohibited.
- Parents are personally responsible for reaching their wards to the respective school building or bus stop and also for having taken custody of their wards at dismissal from the respective school building or bus stop on every school day. If parents send their wards to school through their representative (i.e. driver, relatives, other domestic servants etc.) they should intimate to the school authorities regarding the same in writing together with proper identification of their representative. Students who happen to be left behind after school hours must report to the school office. In such cases, attempt to make arrangements to take custody of their wards from the school.
- The school will not be liable for the safety and welfare of students after class hours, particularly if students leave the school premises without written permission from the recognised authority. All students must leave or be collected from the respective school building within 30 minutes after dismissal every day.
- Students on their way to and from school are expected to depart themselves in a responsible manner. Conduct that is injurious to the discipline and the good name of the school and not in accordance with strict discipline is liable to bring about suspension or expulsion of the offender.
- Students are forbidden to leave the school premises or grounds during regular school hours without written permission from the recognized authority.
- During the absence of a teacher from the classroom, the student must obey the monitor appointed to maintain good order.
- Parents are expected to co-operate in the work of the school in particular by enforcing regularity and discipline, by showing interest in their children’s progress and by extending the fullest encouragement for the student’s extra-curricular activities, which is deemed necessary by the school authorities.
- In order to encourage a good standard of English, this language must be spoken at all times within the school campus. As a further opportunity for practice, reading magazines and books written in good English should be encouraged.
- Owing to increasing trends in juvenile delinquency, it has become necessary to maintain constant and strict vigil on student discipline in all activities, at home or out of it.
Therefore, and further to existing rules laid down for behavioural conduct in this institution, you are advised to caution your ward that participation in any subversive act which includes eve teasing, carrying of explosive materials or dangerous instruments (other than permitted) such as crackers, includes bursting crackers, pocket and clasp knives and so on within the school campus or in transport arranged under school authority which contravenes any rules or regulation of this institution or of the Council for the I.S.C. Examination or the Indian Penal Code will attract disciplinary displeasure which may include expulsion from the school by the school authority and also appropriate mention in the Transfer Certificate of the student.
- The Principal or those authorised may punish a student in a manner suited to the offence, by detention after class hours or suspension or expulsion from the institution without assigning any reasons.
Offences include :
- Disfiguring or damaging any school property
- Any form of gambling
- Use of drugs or intoxicants
- Use of violence anywhere within or outside the school campus
- Enticing or practicing casteism, untouchability & Communalism.
- For disobedience to the clear expressed orders of the Principal or those authorised, moral turpitude, writing on the walls and roads, defiance of authorities, insubordination, willful damage to the school property will attract expulsion from the school without any previous warning.
RULES OF DISCIPLINE
Students are expected to conduct themselves as ladies and gentlemen at all times and in all places. The whole-hearted co-operation of the guardians is expected at all times in the formation of the character of their children.
As the child progresses from the lower to the upper classes, he/she will be given increasing opportunity to shift from conformity to externally imposed order to self-imposed discipline.
The school will insist on strict punctuality, regular school attendance, cleanliness in dress, general grooming and fidelity to study and work assignments. Absence from school for merely social function will be strongly discouraged.
- Students should arrive at the school 15 minutes before the first bell.
- The warning bell is a signal for all to go to the Assembly. After the Assembly, they should go to the classrooms, get their books ready in silence and prepare for the beginning of class. Change of classrooms between periods must be done in silence.
- All boys/girls must be clean and neatly dressed and appear in the school uniform according to the season.